Dear SILC Students, Parents, Teachers and Volunteers:
Please note that we have picture day / Diwali celebrations / SILC News Letter day on this Saturday Nov 12th. Refer to the last weekly digest for the logistics and what to expect on this Saturday. Here are the highlights
SILC Diwali Celebrations : Schedule
· 10:00am : Vande Mataram
· 10:05 – 10:30am : Language class and Class pictures
· 10:30 – 11:00am : Dance Class
· 11:00 – 11:10 am : School picture (in main hall)
· 11:10 – 11: 30 am : Newsletter release and talk about Diwali (in cafeteria)
· 11:30am onwards
· Arts and craft (cafeteria)
· Finger food (main hall)
Note: Family pictures will commence being taken by a professional photographer from 10:30am onwards. Please come early to get one taken
Bring a snack or sweet to share
Thank you for the families who signed up to bring some snacks and sweets. Even if you have not signed up, please bring a dish to share. When you bring in the food, please ensure that it is finger food only (And NO meat and NO peanuts please). SILC will provide all the plates, napkins, spoons and forks as needed.
It has come to the attention of the Board that we have had several incidents of disruption at SILC recently. We would just like to remind everyone of a few basic tenets:
SILC is a SCHOOL. It is not merely a recreational activity. To that end, every student and parent is expected to treat others with respect and behave as you would in any other school. To wit:
- No electronics are allowed during class. Teachers have the right to confiscate them for the duration of the class if they so choose.
- No talking, running around or misbehaving during class unless you are being asked to participate in something.
- Your teachers are all volunteers selected by the SILC Board. They are doing what they are doing out of the goodness of their hearts, to help you learn. As a SILC student, you are expected to accord proper respect to all volunteer teachers and follow the instructions being imparted during a class.
- If you have a concern with a decision that your teacher makes, please bring it up to them one on one after class time.
- If you continue to have a concern, please bring it up to the President, Principal or Assistant Principal. We will make sure it is resolved.
- Please be on time. Our time is short enough as it is.
Director - Communications
School of India for Languages and Culture