Dear SILC Students, Parents, Volunteers:
SS Day (March 24)
· Unless asked to come earlier by the SS teacher, please be seated by 9:45am in the school auditorium. The auditorium is located on the East side of the school building.
· Events will commence at 10am with Vande Mataram. Thereafter students from SS, Literature & SAP classes will present what they have learned during the school year.
· The event will conclude with cake cutting ceremony. Do join us in the cafeteria for some cake and finger food.
· Nickelodeon channel will be onsite on 3/24, to film the school events focusing around one of our students.
· As announced on Saturday, 3/17 (during school), Nickelodeon requires everyone to sign a consent form. Most of you have filled in that form. We understand that some of you may not have been able to do so or some of you might have concerns about participating in the shooting by the TV crew. You will appreciate the fact that it is difficult for us to reach out to each and every family to get a form signed. If you do not want to provide your consent, please send us a direct email stating thus. Otherwise, we will assume that everyone has consented to be part of this TV channel’s filming.
· The details for the filming by the TV crew is given below:-
o Filming of a language class in action. Hindi Level 4, will be “shot” from 8:50am onwards. Hindi 4 students are requested to be in their respective class room at 8:45am on 3/24.
o The TV crew will also record the SS day event.
o We will commence the SS day event sharp at 10am. Please be seated well before that, since we will close the doors at 10am, to allow for a smooth start of the event.
o The TV crew will also be filming a dance class in progress. For this we plan to showcase the older girls dance class under Neelam Malhotra. Students in this class are requested to be prepared to participate in a practice session. The exact time for this will be announced on that day. Most probably it will be after the SS day event or the latter part of the event, depending upon how much filming of the SS day event the TV crew want to do.
Answer to Last Week's Quiz
(Q) The Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs) are a group of autonomous engineering and tec
hnology-oriented institutes of higher education. How many IITs are in India now and where are these located?
(A) There are 15 IITs in India now. The list in the order of establishment is given here
IIT Kharagpur in Kharagpur (1950; as IIT 1951), IIT Bombay inMumbai (1958), IIT Madras in Chennai (1959), IIT Kanpur in Kanpur(1959), IIT Delhi in New Delhi (1961; as IIT 1963), IIT Guwahati inGuwahati (1994) and IIT Roorkee in Roorkee (1847; as IIT 2001).
IIT Ropar in Rupnagar (2008),IIT Bhubaneswar in Bhubaneswar (
2008), IIT Gandhinagar inGandhinagar ( 2008), IIT Hyderabad in Hyderabad (2008), IIT Patna inPatna (2008), IIT Rajasthan in Rajasthan (2008), IIT Mandi in Mandi(2009) and IIT Indore in Indore (2009).
This Week's Quiz:
(Q) which indian festival is celebrated once every 12 years and why?
Director - Communications
School of India for Languages and Culture