Hope you have all recovered from the snow storm that hit us yesterday.
As some of you have experienced and expressed, the roads are treacherous and driving even short distances took hours.
Though it is disappointing to cancel SILC yesterday due to bad weather, the decision taken in the last minute is the right call. Many of you have tried to reach out to others to pass on the information in many ways - Updating the silcmn web site, sent out an email to all, some of our young volunteers used advanced means of texting, IMing, facebook, and some of you have used traditional means of calling others; In the end, I hope the message has reached you in time.
I realized that we caught a couple of you on the way while driving to SILC. I appreciate your understanding of this last minute decision and our efforts to reach you all.
We will shift Diwali celebrations to next Saturday 11/20/10; Please bring a sweet or snack you have prepared next week. Here will be brief schedule of the events next Saturday (Only language classes will be held; No social studies OR elective classes).
Schedule of Events
- 10:05 am or so - Vande ma taram and dispersal for language class.
- 10:10 - 10:40 am Class photos by Ralph during language class
- 10:50am - Students and parent re-assemble in cafeteria
- 11 am - Arrival of Indian Association of MN guests
- 11:05 - 11:25 : Brief intro about IAM; Release of SILC newsletter.
- 11:30 - Students assemble in hallway for school picture.
- 11:30 - SILC board and teachers have picture taken with IAM guests in cafeteria.
- 11:45 am or immediately after the school picture : Food + art activities commence.
School of India for Languages and Culture